Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another Day

My weekend went very well. I got my chance to say goodbye to some family, but most importantly of all, I got to spend some good times with them too.

Saying a final goodbye to Lucie (our family dog, who died last year) was both tough and uplifting. We shared stories about her, about the good times, about her strengths and her weaknesses and in the end, I came away knowing a little more about my friend and with a place to remember her by. She was a good dog, and a great companion and we will miss her.

Getting to have one last wander around my grandparent's home was nice too. As a child, me and my siblings spent quite some time there. It was a wonderful retreat, a place to roam and run around. The nearby woods were a wonderful alternative playground for us kids, who spent the rest of our time in suburban Dublin.

There is so much I could talk about, some of it sad, some happy, but if you don't mind, for now I will keep these memories to myself.

All in all, it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment